Welder Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (1st shift)|
|Location||Beltsville, MD, United States|
Eaton improves the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably.
The company is looking for a Welder to join our team.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent from an accredited institution.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 1 year of experience in Gas Tungsten Arc welding on Inconel and/or Stainless with thickness ranging from .020 to .125, or completing of Eaton’s internal welder university; or completion of welding Degree/Certification.
- Achieves and maintain a minimum welding certification in Inconel, Stainless Steel, and titanium
- Fabricate details and duct assemblies by scribing, cutting, and grinding to tight tolerances.
- Fit and weld all class parts
- Keep immediate work area clean and free from hazards.
- Participate in continuous improvement of processes.
- Training of other welders
- Weld details and ducting system.
- Welders will be responsible for the conformance of finish parts to drawings and specifications.
- Work in accordance with general safety rules and practices.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to stand 8 hours a day
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. on a regular basis
- Must be able to read and write English
- Certification to, AWS specification D17.1 is necessary.
- Experience with a band saw, belt sander, chop saw, rotary tools/grinders, and handheld inspection tools (i.e. calipers, micrometers, pi tape, loops, etc.)
- Position requires exposure to oil, dirt, and heat.
- The position requires strong math skills and the ability to read/interpret engineering drawings.
- Strong visual inspection skills are required.
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- This position requires the use of information or access to hardware that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR.
- ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder‘), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.