Website Dyno Nobel
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Salt Lake City, UT, United States|
Dyno Nobel is an explosive business of Incitec Pivot Limited. It is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. It provides blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America and Australia, as well as to selected customers in other countries.
The company is searching for a Welder who will assemble, install, and fit together assemblies primarily (but not exclusively) for the fabrication of specialty truck bodies and process plant equipment used in the commercial explosives industry worldwide.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma; Trade or Technical School Training.
- The candidates should have 1 to 3 years of experience in welding stainless steel, aluminum, and carbon using MIG, TIG, and Dual Shield welding techniques
Note: Recent technical school graduates will be considered.
What You’ll Do
- Accurately account for components used for specific jobs/work orders.
- Ensure compliance with applicable Company HSE Performance Standards, as well as applicable acts and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with the USA and international welding codes to provide functional and acceptable products to customers in various countries.
- Fabricate and assemble tanks, boxes, hose reels, augers, ladders, walkways, handrails, bins, brackets, day boxes, and bumpers.
- Modify truck chassis including drilling holes in frame rails and installing bumpers.
- Monitor daily/weekly/monthly work performance through Key Process Indicator graphs.
- Participate in and contribute to team meetings.
- Safe, accurate, and efficient assembly of welded subassemblies and finished assemblies.
- Search for, identify, and implement continuous improvement ideas.
- Shift to non-welding jobs if required by supervisor.
- Weld stainless steel, aluminum, and carbon.
- Able to interpret, fabricate and assemble assemblies in accordance with technical drawings and designs.
- Able to operate various fabrication equipment including continuous feed welding machine, shear, brake, band saw, cut-off saw, forklift, overhead crane, jib crane, grinder, sander, drill, and other related fabrication equipment.
- Able to read engineering blueprints, drawings, and designs.
- Familiarity with safety equipment including fall restraint/protection, respirator, confined space retrieval systems, etc.
- Positive attitude, friendly demeanor, and a team player.
- Requires basic computer navigation and math skills (proficient in fractions, decimals, conversions, and basic geometry).
- 3 weeks paid vacation + 11 paid holidays + PTO days
- Friendly and supportive coworkers
- Full health benefits including employer HSA contributions + dental plan with an orthodontic option, wellness coaching available
- Generous paid parental leave
- A generous tuition reimbursement program
- Up to a 4% 401k match
Dyno Nobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company gives all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.