Website TC Energy
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Spruce Grove, AB, Canada|
TC Energy provides energy infrastructure services for pipelines, storage facilities, and power-generation plants. It has three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation in three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
The company is searching for a Welder who will work with pipeline and facilities construction teams and will be responsible for in-service, piping, and structural steel welding for transmission pipeline systems.
The position will report to the Welding Services Manager.
- The applicants should have a Journeyman Welder certification.
- The candidates should have 5 years of related experience with cellulosic and low hydrogen welding
- Proven experience welding on high-pressure natural gas or oil pipeline systems
- Pipeline Construction experience
- Experience welding in the service pipelines
- Previous exposure to hot tapping activities
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Assist and preparation of pre-job documentation
- Coordinate work activities, oversee, and provide active control to third party contractors
- Ensure all work tasks and duties comply with TC’s Operating Procedures (TOPs), Community, Safety and Environment policies, procedures, specifications, and related provincial and national legislation
- Hot tapping of high-pressure natural gas pipelines up to NPS 48
- Participate in pre-job planning and staging of equipment and resources prior to executing projects
- Perform in-service welding on natural gas pipelines up to NPS 48
- Perform shop fabrication welding of piping assemblies and hydro testing
- Provide support for emergency pipeline repairs to both natural gas and oil pipeline systems
- Provide welding (cellulosic, low hydrogen, and other processes as needed) and other construction-related support to pipeline and facilities construction activities
- Review and create Job Safety Analysis (JSA’s), Hazard Identification (HAZIDs), and other safety documentation
- Weld branch connections on high-pressure natural gas pipeline systems in preparation for hot tap activities
- Ability to work with a computer and interface with management systems for training, expense preparation, timesheet reporting, and e-mail
- High-degree of respect for safe work habits and the care and maintenance of tools
- Knowledge of CSA Z662, ASME, and CWB welding regulations (must demonstrate an ability to pass welding test prior to hiring)
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record and provide a Drivers Abstract for review
- May require extended work hours
- Successfully complete pre-employment medical screening including drug and alcohol testing
- Travel often (75%) to support construction activities in other company locations which will require overnight stays away from home and may be for a long duration.
TC Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.