Website GE Aviation
Welder Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (3rd Shift)|
|Location||Lynn, MA, United State|
GE Aviation is a world-leading provider of jet and turboprop engines, components, and integrated systems for commercial, military, business, and general aviation aircraft.
The company is seeking a Welder who will perform layout, set-up, and welding on a variety of aircraft engine component parts and assemblies.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 1 year of TIG welding experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Perform layout, set-up, and welding on a variety of aircraft engine component parts and assemblies.
- Able to work from planning or verbal instructions, prints, or sketches.
- Fabricate, repair or rework using all required welding which may include manual arc processes (GTAW, TIG) semi-automated weld processes (GTAW, LW, EBW,), Using a file, bench grinders, hand grinders, etc., to perform welding preparation, defect removal and manual dimensional restoration.
- Achieve certification on required processes.
- Work to required levels of quality and efficiency. Perform related duties as required.
- Ability to fabricate, repair or re-work using processes listed above; use argon chambers and gas back-ups
- Ability to lift, move and manipulate fixtures and component hardware up to 25 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodations
- Demonstrated ability to work from prints, sketches, planning or verbal instructions, and weld a variety of parts and assemblies
- Distance Vision 20/30 (US) using corrected or uncorrected vision in either eye
- Must be able to pass initial welding skills demonstration
- Near Vision corrected or uncorrected in either eye, shall be the ability to read Jaeger No. 2 type at 16 inches (40.64 cm)
- Ability to learn and operate material handling and lifting devices
- Previously held weld certification(s) in corrosive resistant and heat resistant ferrous alloys, nickel-base alloys, cobalt-base alloys, aluminum alloys, and titanium alloys
- Previous welding and fabrication experience on aerospace hardware
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e. U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology.
- GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gecareers.com.