Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Largo, FL, United States|
Ametek is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices. The company provides custom design and engineering services, to high-quality manufacturing standards, for the aircraft, engine, and industrial heat exchangers in the mobile, marine, avionics, space, and missile markets.
The company is looking for a Welder who will create lay-out and fits and welds fabricated, cast and forged components to assemble manufactured products.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma
- Technical/Trade School
- The candidates should have an equivalent combination of training and experience (preferred)
- Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders as required
- Inventories stock
- Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits components together
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality
- Repairs products by dismantling, straightening, re-shaping, and re-assembling parts
- Reports machine and equipment malfunctions to maintenance staff
- Selects welding equipment and accessories.
- Sets up equipment and welds parts using the arc (SMAW), gas-shielded arc (GMAW), gas welding equipment (TIG), and oxygen/acetylene welding, cutting and brazing
- Works with team members and production planning to meet on-time deliveries
- Other duties may be assigned
- Proven skills set to make timely decisions, solve problems and handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrated organizational and follow-through skills
- Lifting of tools and calibration equipment will be required to perform the core functions of this position.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 80 pounds.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, and sit.
- There can be exposed to heat, humidity, oil, dirt, grease, dust, noise, etc. with some exposure to hazards related to working with tools, heavy equipment, and electronic equipment.
- This will require compliance with safety procedures.
Ametek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit 188100.jobs2web.com.