Website Trane Technologies
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Brampton, ON, Canada|
Trane Technologies challenges possible by thinking bigger, acting bolder, and taking action. The company’s brands include Trane® and Thermo King® that create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands, and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind.
The company is seeking a Welder to join its team.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Welding license, certification, journeyman (preferred)
- The candidates should have previous work experience in a manufacturing environment (preferred)
- Previous experience with metalworking, and various metalworking tools.
- Stick welding experience preferred
- Communicate outside of the team across all departments.
- Demonstrate an absolute commitment to safety and model safe behavior.
- Flexibility to work overtime on occasional evenings and weekends
- Identify proper tools needed to complete tasks and use them effectively.
- Lift, measure, and cut various types of steel.
- Must be able to perform the task assigned within the work area.
- Must be able to work safely, be dedicated to performing quality work, and be productive.
- Operate hand tools required for performing job duties
- Read blueprints and schematics to determine dimensions, design, and materials needed for performing duties.
- Use saws, punches, and plasma cutters to create various frame components for the manufacturing of chillers.
- Weld various types of metal using various machines and techniques.
- Work scheduled hours including overtime as required.
- Work with minimum supervision.
- Actively practices and promotes safety.
- Authorized to work in the country
- Committed to continuous improvement in products, services, and processes.
- Knowledge and ability to read basic schematics for measurements and locations of holes.
- Knowledge of how to add and subtract measurements.
- Knowledge of how to square different forms and welded frames using various techniques.
- Must be able to complete all required papers throughout all tasks and ensure accuracy.
- Must be able to set up welders and pass a welding test.
- Must be able to weld using various machines, and welding techniques.
- Must be exemplary performance in attitude, attendance, and ability.
- Must be proficient with reading measuring devices including tape measures, straight rules, and levels.
- Ability to work in a non-climate-controlled environment.
- Frequently required to lift materials weighing less than 40 pounds.
- Frequently required to push or pull or move components and materials into position.
- Frequently required to walk, reach with hands and arms, bend or stoop.
- Perform medium, repetitive work in a manufacturing environment.
- Standing for at least 8 hours or longer if required. Constantly use hand to finger, grasp, or handle, objects, tools, or controls.
- Adoption Assistance
- Back-up Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts
- Health Progress
- Medical Plan with Health Savings Account
- Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation and Holiday Time Off
Trane Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit ttcareers.referrals.selectminds.com.