Website OBI Seafoods
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Dillingham, AK, United States|
OBI Seafoods is an Alaskan seafood processor with ten shoreside plants producing fresh and frozen seafood and canned salmon. The product of a merger between Ocean Beauty Seafoods and Icicle Seafoods. It processes a variety of species including salmon, halibut, black cod (sablefish), Pacific cod, crab, herring, and whitefish.
The company is looking for a Welder to join its team for maintenance needs.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus.
- Previous experience working in a processing plant is required.
- Previous structural experience is necessary.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast past environment with little direct supervision.
- Able to work fluctuating shifts structured around a 24-hour production schedule as needed.
- An enthusiasm to assist in other tasks and grow with the facility.
- Design and fabricate processing equipment as needed that meets all food safety standards.
- Ensure all daily tasks are completed in compliance with Plant’s safety program.
- Maintain a clean work area at all times.
- Maintain accurate inventory of welding supplies.
- Maintain and repair current processing equipment.
- Must always be professional and represent OBI Seafoods with the highest standards.
- Must be able to work well with fellow employees and cooperate with other departments.
- Must be willing and able to live and work in confined quarters in a multi-cultural environment.
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure, 12 or more hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Prompt and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Train and direct a maintenance assistant.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to fabricate shoots, flumes, and conveyor framework.
- Ability to get creative and be accustomed and adaptable to occasional part shortages.
- Able to lift up to 50 or more pounds repeatedly throughout the work shift.
- Basic repair knowledge of processing equipment is required.
- Efficient time management skills are required.
- Working knowledge of MIG, TIG, and Stick welding.
- Working knowledge with stainless, aluminum, and mid-steel.
- Position requires the ability to stand, sit at a desk, walk around the office/plant, lift, and carry packages up to 50 pounds, utilizing fine dexterity.
- Requires reaching, kneeling, crawling, and twisting to inspect equipment.
- Also requires the ability to see, hear, and communicate with associates as well as others by utilizing professional etiquette.
- The position will be exposed to different levels of stress and responsibilities.
- The work environment involves daily exposure to physical risks, such as working around mechanical, chemical, and electrical hazards.
- Work involves daily exposure to unusual elements such as dirt, dust, fumes, extreme temperatures, humidity, darkness, or noise.
- Will demonstrate, promote, and exemplify the Company’s Core Values in People, Quality and Growth.
- Excellent benefits available, including medical, dental, prescription, vision plans, and 401(k) retirement plan.
- The pay rate depends on experience. This is an hourly position that is eligible for overtime pay. In Alaska, overtime is one and one-half times the regular hourly rate and is paid for hours worked over 8 hours in a day and after 40 hours are worked in a week.
- Room and Board Included.
OBI Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company provides for the recruitment, hiring, and promotion of women, handicapped persons, disabled, veterans, and members of all ethnic minority groups in all areas of work.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.