Website S&C Electric Company
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Chicago, IL, United States|
|Company||S&C Electric Company|
S&C Electric Company is a leading provider of switching, protection, and control solutions for electric power systems. The company’s mission is to continually develop new solutions for electricity delivery, fostering the improved efficiency and reliability required for the intelligent grid.
The company is looking for a welder who can perform ordinary welding following standard welding methods and procedures. It includes MIG and TIG welding on a variety of steel types, gauges, and sizes ranging from a few inches to several feet across.
You will be expected to set up the various welding equipment, such as MIG and TIG power supply, and to select the proper settings for a variety of different welding applications.
Must have a thorough knowledge of welding aluminum, steel, and copper as well as brazing brass.
- The applicant should have a Trade School Diploma or Equivalent.
- The candidates should have 1 to 3 three years of MIG and TIG welding experience.
- Deburring and cleaning of parts using various hand and power tools such as a belt sander, drill press, and Ballard boy.
- Enrollment and successful completion of courses offered on the premises through the S&C Technical Training Institute are required.
- Handling of piece parts ranging from 5 lbs. to 20 lbs.
- Setting up fixtures to complete a variety of welding assignments.
- Using appropriate welding gases to produce quality welds.
- Using simple measuring equipment such as squares and tape measures.
- Willingness to learn new machinery in various departments.
- Bending – Occasional bending to perform a variety of job tasks.
- Handling – Continuous handling of parts ranging in weight from 5 lbs. to 20 lbs. along with a variety of hand tools.
- Lifting – Frequent lifting of items ranging in weight from 5 lbs. to 20 lbs.; occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Pulling – Occasional positioning of tub titlers and use of hand trucks to move parts and tooling a moderate distance.
- Pushing – Occasional positioning of tub titlers and use of hand trucks to move parts and tooling a moderate distance.
- Reaching – Frequent reaching to load and unload parts from fixtures in machines or tubs.
- Standing – Most tasks are performed in a standing position with intermittent walking.
- Walking – Occasional walking of moderate distances (<1/8 miles).
- Carrying – Occasional carrying of items weighing less than 20 lbs.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and plan daily work assignments in a self-directed changing environment.
- Ability to read blueprints and follow specific written instructions and procedures.
- Ability to understand measuring equipment such as micrometers and dial calipers.
- Knowledge of shop math, welding applications, and practices.
S&C Electric Company has a proud and longstanding tradition of providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or marital status.
Further, the company is committed to taking affirmative action to ensure that qualified females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities can pursue equal employment opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit ejia.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.