Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Gordon, GA, United States|
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy. It provides consulting, project, and operation solutions with specializations in project management, engineering, procurement, construction management, maintenance management, production support, power generation, offshore, onshore, oil sands, pipeline, refining, chemicals, industrial, gas turbines, and renewable energy.
The company is seeking a Welder to join its team for operations and maintenance needs.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus.
- The candidates are expected to have work-related experience.
- Analyzes and resolves work-related problems.
- Assists workers in their performance of assigned duties.
- Be capable of listening and communicating with other supervisors and employees.
- Be motivated and work safely and productively.
- Checks equipment to ensure proper working conditions.
- Establishes and adjusts work sequences to meet construction schedule, using knowledge of capacities of equipment and assigned personnel.
- Inspects the quality of all work to ensure company standards and project specifications are met.
- Interprets and enforces company policies for workers and enforces safety regulations and company policies for employees.
- Interprets written or oral orders, sketches, and blueprints to coordinate activities of assigned workers, materials, equipment, and tools.
- Maintains time and tracks production.
- May make cost estimates for contracts.
- May study schedules and estimate worker hour requirements for completion of the job.
- Reviews material received at the job site to ensure it is correct and not defective.
- Understand and respond accordingly to all safety alerts, warnings, hazards, etc
- Use effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
- May be required to lift and carry items weighing no more than 50 pounds.
- Must be able to adequately hear and respond to voice commands and alerts from other employees, alarms, and other job-related noises.
- Must be able to climb and maintain balance on stairs, ladders, scaffolds, and steel frameworks.
- Must be able to move in and around confined spaces and uneven areas.
- Must possess enough strength and stamina to perform the technical duties and essential functions identified above.
- Visual acuity, depth perception, and color discrimination are consistent with that required to work at heights and on uneven surfaces.
- The company offers health benefits, 401k, vacation, and more.
Note: Local candidates only as this is a full-time position not offering per diem.
Wood is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
To apply for this job please visit woodplc-tradecraft-us-external.icims.com.