Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Mebane, NC, United States|
ABB is a leading global technology company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. By connecting software to its electrification, robotics, automation, and motion portfolio, ABB pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels.
The company is looking for a Welder who will be responsible for performing a variety of welding operations including MIG/TIG/Arc welding and brazing functions on the second shift.
Use the power and non-power hand tools such as hammers, wrenches, etc.
The role will report to the Production Supervisor.
- The candidates must have 1+ years of experience in various forms of welding
- Layout, fabrication, and operation of equipment necessary for the fabrication of sheet metal welded assemblies
- Meet all On-Time Delivery and Adherence to Schedule requirements set in Fabrication
- Must be able to follow all English language written and verbal instructions
- Must be able to weld based on blueprint, drawings, models, and other criteria
- Operates with exceptional Safety and attention to Safe Operations
- Understand and carry out oral instructions, read and carry out simple written instructions
- Use micrometers, calibrated steel tapes, etc. Responsible to work production schedule as assigned
- Will use various welding equipment – knowledge of the process of TIG and MIG
- Must be able to identify and list production data such as quantities, shield gas, alloys
- Must be able to pass a welding performance evaluation and certification
- Must be able to read, measure using various tools such as micrometers, scales, tape measures
- Must be able to use various hand tools
- Must be willing to work 1st Shift
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
To apply for this job please visit careers.abb.