Website Martin Marietta
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Charlotte, NC, United States|
Martin Marietta is a supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials. In particular, Martin Marietta supplies the resources for roads, sidewalks, and foundations.
The company is seeking a Welder who will be responsible for safely and efficiently repairing and maintaining plant industrial equipment and machinery.
The position will be responsible for repairs and maintenance of equipment including conveyor systems, shakers, gearboxes, fixed plant equipment, and other mobile equipment as necessary.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 1 year of experience in welding and maintenance.
- Aides in the training of co-workers as needed
- Completes daily pre and post-inspection of the working area
- Maximizes performance of equipment by performing repairs and ensuring preventative maintenance is completed on a timely basis
- Operates other equipment such as loaders and haul trucks in a safe manner as needed
- Performs fabrication, erection of processing equipment; repairs to processing equipment and mobile equipment
- Troubleshoots, repairs and maintains all plant equipment often in out of position welding
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Able to adhere to MSHA guidelines and plant safety rules and regulations
- Able to ensure a safe work environment by prioritizing safety, then quality, followed by production
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Able to use a wide variety of hand tools and power tools
- Able to work cooperatively with others toward a shared goal, contribute actively to the team efforts, and possess a positive attitude in working with others as a team
- Able to work varying shifts as needed, outdoors, in varying weather conditions, and in elevated areas
- Possess effective coordination and communication skills
- Possess strong mechanical aptitude, knowledge, and skills
- Proficient in maintenance welding
- Must be safety conscious, dependable, and motivated
- Will take an active role in the plant safety initiatives
- Willing to cross-train in different areas of production
- Willing to work overtime and weekends as needed
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Competitive Pay
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Pension Plan
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Wellness Programs
Martin Marietta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.