Website SPX Cooling Technologies
Welder Job Highlights
|Title||Welder ($1500 phased sign-on bonus)|
|Location||Dixon, IL, United States|
|Company||SPX Cooling Technologies|
SPX Cooling Technologies is a leading full-line, full-service cooling tower, and air-cooled heat exchanger manufacturer. The companies that formed SPX Cooling Technologies were founded more than 100 years ago and have more than 250 global patents in the process cooling, industrial, refrigeration, and HVAC markets.
The company is looking for a welder who will be responsible for working in the process of HVAC refrigeration manufacturing. Welders will fuse metal materials together using high heat equipment and welding processes such as MIG/TIG welding and brazing.
Welders will work with a range of materials and equipment in fitting and assembling metal components to form structures.
- The aspiring applicants should have completed a High School Diploma or GED, or Equivalent.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a manufacturing operation
- 1 year of experience in ARC or MIG welding
- 1 year of experience in TIG welding
- Additional duties as assigned
- Complete required paperwork
- Do inter-piping, including fitting, aligning, and adjustments
- Monitor equipment operation to ensure proper heat setting and weld tip
- Perform leak test
- Perform weldments on multiple product lines
- Read piece part drawings and bill of materials
- Run overhead crane
- Weld a variety of material
- Weld-on headers and return bends with a minimum number of leaks along with being sure that the pipes and headers are level and square
- Ability to clean and maintain equipment in proper working condition
- Meet all product quality requirements
- Ability to communicate and work well with fellow employees
- Ensure compliance with safety protocols
- Ability to diagnose problems and make adjustments on your welder
- Have an excellent attendance record
- Ability to keep a clean and safe work area
- Ability to read/work to engineering drawings, welding procedures, and other instructions
- Lifting up to 50 pounds with assistance
- Perform repetitive motions
- Plant environment with potential exposure to bad weather, excessive heat/cold, and/or excessive noise
- Sitting, standing, walking, bending, grasping, pushing, pulling, crawling, climbing, twisting, reaching, and working at heights
SPX is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit career8.successfactors.com.