Welder Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (2nd shift)|
|Location||Worcester, MA, United States|
Eaton improves the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and reliably.
The company is seeking a Welder who will perform and set up moderate to complex MIG/TIG and welding operations.
Joins surfaces or otherwise fabricates or repairs metal structures or materials by applying various welding processes such as Arc, TIG, MIG, Resistance, Solid State, or Electroslag.
Possesses specialized knowledge of welding technology and metallurgy. Checks completed parts to ensure compliance with Worcester Plant Quality standards and makes necessary adjustments when required to meet quality goals.
- The applicants must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess 1 year of welding experience, an apprenticeship; or completion of welding degree/certification.
- 1 to 3 years of weld experience in light to the medium industrial manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and understand formal, informal drawings, or engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of basic shop math and welding symbols
- Welding Certification
- Adheres to all environmental, health, safety rules and regulations, and work instructions.
- Assist team in achieving plant and department goals.
- Assist with on-the-job training and continuous improvement.
- Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, and philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement through participation and teamwork.
- General knowledge of Eaton Quality Management System (EQMS).
- Maintain equipment and perform housekeeping duties as necessary.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Ability to change tooling/tooling parameters.
- Ability to read and follow standard work.
- Ability to read written instructions and comprehend verbal instructions.
- Ability to use good judgment and problem-solving skills to make informed decisions.
- Ability to use a measuring tape, and variable gauges, such as calipers.
- Basic computer knowledge of Windows-based operating systems and programs.
- Requires frequent standing and bending. Must be able to regularly lift up to 50-pounds.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Wellness programs
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.