Website Powell Industries
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Houston, TX, United States|
Powell Industries is a global manufacturer and provides innovative engineered electrical power solutions and services. The offerings include low and medium-voltage electrical distribution packages, electrical and valve servicing, and a wide number of automation systems.
The company is looking for a Welder who will work either individually, or, as a part of a small team, to produce Sheet Metal weldments. Weldments must meet the dimensional specifications of the mechanical engineered drawings.
The position requires determining, from the drawing, where each weld is to be performed and meets the size and length requirements of each weld specified within the given tolerance allowed.
Also, required to perform any cosmetic or appearance specifications of the weldment. This may require grinding welds and sheet metal buffing.
- No education is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus.
- Possess 1 to 2 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to adjust the machine according to department manual(s)
- Ability to cope and fit
- Ability to identify types of copper, stainless grades, etc.
- Ability to inspect parts against complex engineered drawings
- Ability to MIG weld mild steel
- Ability to MIG weld stainless steel
- Ability to perform basic fitting
- Ability to perform basic layouts (positioning and alignment)
- Ability to read drawings and inspect parts for basic dimensions
- Ability to remove material using a grinding process
- Ability to spray transfer MIG weld
- Capability to examine weld bead for acceptable attributes
- Knowledge of flux-core shielded wire
- Internal relationships include regular interaction with Machine Operators, Welders, Painters, Material Handlers, Leadpersons, Supervisors
- Reporting to Department Supervisor
- Ability to arc metal gouge
- Ability to convert decimals to fractions and utilize conversion chart
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Ability to execute hot work (any work performed outside of the department)
- Ability to fine-tune voltage
- Ability to finish grind, and surface finishing based on departmental requirements
- Ability to follow company operating procedures, safety rules, and ISO requirements
- Ability to repair improper welds
- Ability to square parts
- Ability to stud weld
- Ability to tack weld
- Ability to torch cut
- Awareness and adherence to Lockout/Tagout procedures
- Basic product knowledge (understanding of how work ties into the larger picture) based on departmental needs/requirements
- Knowledge of and ability to use basic tools (tape measure squares, clamps, fillet gage, angle finder, etc.)
- Knowledge of AWS chart/steel tables
- Knowledge of fixtures required for the area of responsibility
- Knowledge of welding symbols
- Must have a basic command of the English language, both written and verbal
- All work is performed in a shop environment with constant exposure to the elements of our shop.
- Promote safe working conditions for all employees, make available where necessary special equipment to protect employees against specific hazards, reduce accidents through prevention programs, and establish rules that are designed for the safety of all.
- It is the responsibility of each employee to adhere to this policy, as well as to observe all safety practices and exercise every precaution for the safety of accidents.
- There is certain Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to be worn during the operation of this job.
- Health Care
Powell Industries is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit ekcf.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.