Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Crystal Lake, IL, United States|
WernerCo provides manufacturing and distribution of aluminum and fiberglass ladders, light-duty construction equipment, fall protection equipment, and similar products.
The company is seeking a welder with good welding experience for its management and manufacturing activities.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED, or Equivalent.
- The candidates should have 6-12 months of experience
- Basic knowledge of welding processes and techniques, welding symbols, and blueprint reading.
- Follow all safety rules and keep the work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Monitor the parts used and the parts required for production, and notify the supervisor of material requirements and shortages
- Obtain designated parts from the basket, stack all, skid, or floor
- Operate grinder to remove excess burrs, welding wire, etc. as necessary
- Operate welder to produce parts/product
- Perform visual and periodic measurement inspections of parts/products to maintain conformance with quality standards, using prints as the guide
- Place completed products on conveyor lines, or to the floor, basket, or stack all as designated
- Record production output on daily reports, including part/model number and quantities
- Report to supervisor or Maintenance any mechanical problems with the welder
- Set up welder, make necessary adjustments, and replace spool of welding wire and tips as necessary
- Written and verbal instructions, blueprints, and work orders.
- Functions are normally performed in a space within 1 to 300 feet of the work area.
- Parts must be obtained from storage. The average weight for parts carried is between 40-50 lbs. (maximum 75 lbs)
- Standing, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing, far and near activity, depth perception, visual accommodation.
Specific Job Functions
- Forklift License if designated as the operator
- Wire feed welder, tape measure, and hand tools used
WernerCo offers competitive salaries along with a comprehensive benefits package. Benefit programs may vary based on the location of employment, however, as a WernerCo associate, you can be assured that you will have the tools and resources you need to succeed. We encourage you to explore career opportunities with us and to learn more about the specific benefits offered within your country.
- Continuing Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Health and well-being programs
- Retirement matching contributions and planning resources
- Work-life programs
WernerCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.wernerworldwide.com.