Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Crystal Lake, IL, United States|
WernerCo provides manufacturing and distribution of aluminum and fiberglass ladders, light-duty construction equipment, fall protection equipment, and similar products.
The company is seeking a welder with good welding experience for its management and manufacturing activities.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED, or Equivalent.
- The candidates should have 6-12 months of experience
- Basic knowledge of welding processes and techniques, welding symbols, and blueprint reading.
- Follow all safety rules and keep the work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Monitor the parts used and the parts required for production, and notify the supervisor of material requirements and shortages
- Obtain designated parts from the basket, stack all, skid, or floor
- Operate grinder to remove excess burrs, welding wire, etc. as necessary
- Operate welder to produce parts/product
- Perform visual and periodic measurement inspections of parts/products to maintain conformance with quality standards, using prints as the guide
- Place completed products on conveyor lines, or to the floor, basket, or stack all as designated
- Record production output on daily reports, including part/model number and quantities
- Report to supervisor or Maintenance any mechanical problems with the welder
- Set up welder, make necessary adjustments, and replace spool of welding wire and tips as necessary
- Written and verbal instructions, blueprints, and work orders.
- Functions are normally performed in a space within 1 to 300 feet of the work area.
- Parts must be obtained from storage. The average weight for parts carried is between 40-50 lbs. (maximum 75 lbs.)
- Standing, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing, far and near activity, depth perception, visual accommodation.
Specific Job Functions
- Forklift License if designated as the operator
- Wire feed welder, tape measure, and hand tools used
WernerCo offers competitive salaries along with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Continuing Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Health and well-being programs
- Retirement matching contributions and planning resources
- Work-life programs
WernerCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.wernerworldwide.com.