Website AGI (Ag Growth International)
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Falls City, NE, United States|
|Company||AGI-Ag Growth International|
AGI is a global leader in the planning, engineering, and manufacturing of full equipment solutions and systems across 5 platforms i.e. grain, fertilizer, food, feed, and seed. The company’s specific systems are farm and commercial applications that include storage, handling, structural, processing, and controls. All are brought together with engineering and project management.
The company is recruiting a Welder for the manufacturing floor to weld both the product lines-dust filtration and aeration.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma
- Possess 1 to 2 years of related experience (preferred)
- Analyze engineering drawings, blueprints, specifications, sketches, work orders, and material safety data sheets to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Chip or grind off excess weld, slag, or spatter, using hand scrapers or power chippers, portable grinders, or arc-cutting equipment.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Clean or degrease parts, using wire brushes, portable grinders, or chemical baths.
- Cut metal plates and structural shapes to dimensions, and contour and bevel as specified by blueprints, layouts, work orders, and templates, using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knives.
- Develop templates and models for welding projects, using mathematical calculations based on blueprint information.
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
- Monitor the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of the material.
- Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits. Wear safety shoes, goggles, hoods with protective lenses, and other devices designed to prevent burns and eye injuries.
- Position and secure workpieces, using hoists, cranes, chains, banding machines, or hand tools.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
- Repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts, using cutting torches, straightening presses, and hand tools.
- Select and install torches, torch tips, filler rods, and flux, according to welding chart specifications, or types and thicknesses of metals.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions
- Weld separately or in combination, using aluminum, stainless steel, black and galvanized steel, and other alloys.
- Computer literate
- Microsoft Office knowledge
- Valid Driver’s License
- The company offers competitive salaries, benefits packages, and employee share purchase plans.
AGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.
To apply for this job please visit agi.hiringplatform.com.