Website Comprehensive Energy Services
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Gainesville, FL, United States|
|Company||Comprehensive Energy Services|
Comprehensive Energy Services provides a full range of advanced commercial HVAC and plumbing services, including mechanical engineering design, mechanical construction, plumbing, IAQ, preventive maintenance, and system maintenance.
The company is seeking a Welder who will fabricate and assemble metal structures and equipment through the use of welders, cutters, shapers, and measuring tools.
Welders set up, operate and maintain welding equipment, they also understand and implement personal and company safety measures by wearing specialized goggles, helmets, and gloves.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma, GED, or 1 year of experience or training in the Sheet Metal trade.
- Require 4 or more years of successful and full-time welding experience in the industry
- Applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage, and welding techniques
- Bolt, clamp, and tack-weld parts to secure in position for welding.
- Layout, position, align and fit components together.
- Look at flat drawings, pictures, and blueprints and visualize how they would look as solid objects with height, width, and depth
- May attach support systems by bolting and riveting.
- May repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts, using a cutting torch, straightening press, and hand tools.
- See detail in objects or drawings and recognize slight differences in shapes or shading
- Select equipment and plan layout, assembly, and welding
- Set up equipment and weld parts, using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc, or gas welding equipment.
- Weld a minimum of 6-8″ Sch 40 C.S.P. position welds in an 8-hour day
- Will lay out, fit and weld fabricated pipe fittings and related piping components to assemble piping systems, including tanks, pressure vessels, and similar compounds.
- Cross-train within the department to provide backup coverage as needed
- Use self-initiative to remain current with industry trends (engage in webinars, virtual conferences, educational reading, etc.
- Accept and perform other work as assigned
- Ability to work under pressures of time, a non-standard schedule, weather, customer needs, and backlog constraints
- Able to read and understand mechanical blueprints, control drawings, and specifications
- Able to use arms and hands to reach, handle and manipulate objects
- Acquire job tools for trade (list will be provided)
- Climb and maintain balance on high ladders. scaffolds and other objects, while at the same time able to carry tools and equipment
- Evaluate information using measurable standards
- Follow specific directions
- Good verbal and reading skills, with a proven ability to apply manufacturers’ instructions and clearly communicate with customers, suppliers, and other CES employees
- Individuals must wear safety glasses as required while performing certain tasks
- Must be able to climb, balance on ladders, stand or walk for long periods at a time
- Must not have fear of heights (Acrophobia)
- Perform a variety of duties that may change often
- Possess a mechanical aptitude
- Possess basic computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Possess basic knowledge of manufacturers’ control system software
- Repeat tasks of short duration according to a set procedure
- Understand basic math
- Visualize objects in 3D from drawings, sketches, or blueprints
- Work within industry standards of accuracy
- Work within precise limits and standards of accuracy
- A valid Florida Driver’s License is required
- Incumbent must be insurable at all times by CES insurance carrier
- 401(k) Plan
- Enhanced Optional Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time-Off
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Dental Plan
Comprehensive Energy Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit cesmechanical.isolvedhire.com.