Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Grass Lake, MI, United States|
Tenneco is one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers, and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.
The company is recruiting a Welder who will apply the appropriate welding processes to meet specifications, and inspect and repair welds as needed to support the production and assembly of prototype projects.
Perform as an active team member in performing other tasks within the prototype shop.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus
Knowledge and skills of four welding processes–
1) Gas Metal Arc (MIG)
2) Gas Tungsten Arc (TIG)
3) Resistance (Spot)
4) Fuel Gas
- Apply appropriate welding process to weld and repair welds on parts per specifications.
- Conduct weld process including the completion of weld for thin metals and 360-degree rotation. Identify “good” and acceptable welds and those that are defective.
- Employees must perform jobs within acceptable safety, environmental, quality, productivity, and performance standards as outlined in plant policies, handbooks, and applicable work instructions.
- Handle materials and tools, set up complete appropriate weld processes, and inspect all welds and products to assure weld specifications are met. This includes doing disposition of product that does not meet weld specifications and notifying the appropriate authority when defects are noted.
- Must be able to pass the annual Tenneco Weld Certification practical evaluation to continue in the position.
- Perform as a team member of the prototype shop, which requires the ability to learn, perform and rotate to other workstations within the shop.
- Perform safety checks and preventative maintenance on welding equipment to assure good, safe working conditions and complete daily forms.
- Perform the above within acceptable quality, quantity, performance, and safety standards.
- Properly store all products on racks, containers, or other designated storage.
- Ability to weld in any location and train temporary and new welders.
- Assist other employees in the prototype shop when welding is not required.
- Assist the team in 5S advancements.
- Clean welding stations and maintain neatness in the surrounding work areas.
- Inspect all welds to assure each meets quality standards, troubleshoot problems, and make adjustments as required.
- Obtain supplies and parts required to do the job and perform proper setup of welding power supplies and controls.
- Ability to correctly use and read various gauges.
- Ability to pass welding test.
- Ability to read and understand work orders, directions, charts, forms, and safety regulations.
- Ability to set up welder, apply appropriate weld process, inspect the weld and make necessary adjustments.
- Ability to work well with other employees in a team concept.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to move about the plant in both the office and manufacturing areas
- Ability to sit frequently for extended periods of time
- Ability to tolerate extremely hot temperatures
- Extensive standing, walking, moderate bending, stooping, torso twisting, constant hand, and arm motion
- Good visual ability
- Manual dexterity
Tenneco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tenneco.com.