Website Lindsay Corporation
Welder (1st and 2nd) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder (1st and 2nd)|
|Location||Lindsay, NE, United States|
Lindsay Corporation provides irrigation and infrastructure solutions. The company is one of the world’s leading providers of irrigation and water management. Its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporation’s infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety.
The company is looking for a skilled Welder who can cut and join metals and other materials; operate appropriate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision.
A welder must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions. The ideal candidate will also have a steady hand and great attention to detail. Knowledge of different kinds of metals and their properties is essential.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- Professional Certification (e.g. an AWS welding certificate) will be a plus
- Successful completion of a weld test is required
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers)
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (MIG)
- Align components using calipers, tape measures, and clamp pieces
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment for mild steel, cast, aluminum, and stainless steel welding.
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Set up components for welding according to specifications
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structures to discover flaws
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (flat, vertical, horizontal, or overhead)
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment with conditions including but not limited to cold, heat, bright sun, noise, and nuisance dust
- Must be able to adhere to Lindsay policies and procedures, while maintaining a safe work environment
- Must be willing to stand, walk, bend, stretch, climb, (push/pull/lift up to 50 lbs.), and reach to perform job functions
- Precision and attention to detail
- 9 paid Holidays
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistant Program
- Health Savings Account/Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- PTO – 15 Days 1st Year
- Quarterly Bonus
- Weekly Pay
- Wellness Program & Tuition Assistance Program
Lindsay Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit careers.lindsay.com.