Website CNH Industrial
Welder – 1st Shift Job Highlights
|Title||Welder – 1st Shift|
|Location||St. Nazianz, WI, United States|
CNH Industrial delivers power, technology, innovation to farmers, builders, and drivers all around the world. The company is a global leader in the capital goods sector that, through its various businesses, designs, produces, sells agricultural and construction equipment, trucks, commercial vehicles, buses, and specialty vehicles, in addition to a broad portfolio of power train applications.
The company is seeking a Welder to join its team for various manufacturing needs.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Completion of an apprenticeship or certification may be considered in lieu of work experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- The candidates should have 1 or more years of welding work experience.
- Analyze engineering drawings, blueprints, specifications, sketches, work orders, and material safety data sheets to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Check grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometers, calipers, and precision measuring instruments.
- Chip or grind off excess weld, slag, or spatter, using hand scrapers or power chippers, portable grinders, or arc-cutting equipment.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Clean or degrease parts, using wire brushes, portable grinders, or chemical baths.
- Connect and turn regulator valves to activate and adjust gas flow and pressure so that desired flames are obtained.
- Detect faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notify supervisors.
- Dismantle metal assemblies or cut scrap metal, using thermal-cutting equipment such as flame-cutting torches or plasma-arc equipment.
- Examine workpieces for defects and measure workpieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Gouge metals, using the air-arc gouging process.
- Guide and direct flames or electrodes on or across workpieces to straighten, bend, melt, or build up metal.
- Hammer bulges or bends in metal workpieces.
- Mark or tag material with the proper job numbers, piece marks, and other identifying marks as required.
- Monitor the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of the material.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas metal arc, flux-cored arc, plasma arc, and shielded metal arc.
- Position and secure workpieces, using hoists, cranes, wire, and banding machines or hand tools.
- Preheat workpieces prior to welding or bending, using torches or heating furnaces.
- Prepare all material surfaces to be welded, ensuring that there is no loose or thick scale, slag, rust, moisture, grease, or other foreign matter.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
- Remove rough spots from workpieces, using portable grinders, hand files, or scrapers.
- Repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts, using cutting torches, and hand tools.
- Select and install torches, torch tips, filler rods, and flux, according to welding chart specifications or types and thicknesses of metals.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job, including the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
CNH Industrial is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs-cnhind.icims.com.