Welder – 1st Shift Job Highlights
|Title||Welder – 1st Shift|
|Location||Mentor, OH, United States|
STERIS helps the Customers to create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions. The company is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines, and biologics.
The company is seeking a Welder who will be responsible for performing high mix/low volume manual TIG welding of Stainless Steel and Aluminum in a high-quality medical device manufacturing environment.
- The prospective applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 1 to 2 years of welding experience.
- 2 years of experience working in a solid metal fabrication/machining environment.
- As a member of a self-directed workgroup, complete all projects, assignments, and duties as directed and instructed.
- Build weldments through manual layout and manual surface prep processes when required.
- Communicate clearly, both verbally and written, with Engineers, Quality personnel, supervisors, and fellow team employees.
- Complies with all quality standards.
- Conform to all policies, procedures, and rules of conduct as communicated through the Associate Handbook, Bulletin Boards, Newsletters, and any other vehicle by which information is distributed by STERIS® Management.
- Meet all productivity requirements.
- Positions parts to be joined using fixtures and other holding or positioning devices.
- Read and interpret welding blueprints including standard welding symbols, travelers, and other work instruction documents.
- Record production activities on a computerized shop floor control system.
- Remain safety-conscious at all times, wearing all prescribed safety equipment, and observing all safety rules stated in the Associate Handbook.
- Set up and operate TIG welding equipment using prescribed methods and procedures to weld parts within acceptable tolerances and standards.
- Use required measuring instruments and gages to check and ensure parts meet dimensional requirements.
- Must be able to read and interpret welding blueprints, including all standard welding symbols.
- Must be able to use precision measuring instruments and gages.
- Must be able to use prescribed manual processes in TIG welding of stainless, mild steel, and aluminum.
- Must have basic welding inspection knowledge – visual inspection.
- Must have strong math and troubleshooting proficiency and basic computer skills.
- Welding experience in flux core, MIG, stick, or carbon steel
- Vocational/Technical – Completion of a formal welding training program
- 401(k) with a company match
- Competitive pay
- Medical, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Opportunities for advancement
- Paid vacation time and paid holidays
- Training and coaching
- Tuition assistance
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred, and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.steris.com.