Website Volvo Group
Welder (1st Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder – 1st Shift|
|Location||Shippensburg, PA, United States|
Volvo Group is a leading manufacturer of trucks, buses, construction equipment, and marine/industrial engines. The Group also provides complete solutions for financing and service.
The company is looking for a Welder to join its tea for various production needs.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have a minimum of 1 year of experience in a gas metal arc (GMAW) and flux-cored arc (FCAW) welding or have held a welder position at this facility previously and maintained welder certification
- Volvo Construction Equipment certification in a gas metal arc (GMAW) and flux-cored arc (FCAW) welding
- Detect and report faulty operation, defective material, questionable drawing requirements, and unusual conditions to the proper Production Manager or Assistant team Coach. Perform work of acceptable quality requirements. Collaborate with other welders, as assigned, in performing work such as submerged arc welding of drums. Maintain working area in neat and orderly condition and report all production information in the appropriate computer system.
- Equipment used includes a wide variety of welding positioners, stands, fixtures, tables, jib boom suspended welders, and a variety of weld wire in coils, spools, or drums and applicable flux materials. The material processed consists of various grades of carbon steel and is handled by hand; lift truck, jib boom hoist, or overhead bridge crane. Basic use of pneumatic tools is required.
- Interpret drawing and production orders to determine fixture and welding requirements. Fabricate holding fixtures as required, with consideration of weldment dimensional tolerances. Select weld wire and process in accordance with specified procedures. Set up work on a table, floor, stand, positioner, or prescribed fixture. Secure with blocks, clamps, and related holding devices to tack and weld in accordance with engineering drawings, specifications, and procedures.
- Plan and perform hand and automatic arc welding operations to weld similar and some dissimilar metals in all positions for structural and mechanical strength. Work involves gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), submerged arc welding (SAW), and operations.
- Receive direction from the Production Manager or Assistant Team Coach relative to work assignment. Written work instructions are from weld drawings, production orders/schedules, to plan and perform assigned welding operations within Internal Supply.
- All welds should be made to meet Volvo Weld Specifications, per ISO document, WPR-005.
- Ability to read engineering drawings as well as Volvo technical specifications
- Follow all prescribed safety regulations
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.volvogroup.com.