Website Southern Company
Welder – 1st Shift Job Highlights
|Title||Welder – 1st Shift|
|Location||Randleman, NC, United States|
Southern Company is one of the largest energy providers. The company owns electric utilities in four states, natural gas distribution utilities in seven states. It is a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications.
PowerSecure, a Southern Company subsidiary, is a leading provider of innovative energy solutions to electric utilities and industrial, institutional, and commercial customers.
The company is looking for a Welder who will be responsible for fabrication and welds being completed by following engineering drawings and meeting quality and safety standards.
Knowledge of quality weld inspections and welding machines is critical.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED (preferred but not required)
- The candidates should have a minimum of 6 months prior welding experience
- Experience with MIG welding technique
- Read/interpret engineering drawings containing weld symbols, work instructions, UL Standard, and written directions
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
- Ability to stand for a minimum of 4 hours at a time during shift
- Competitive pay and a matching 401(k) plan
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible spending accounts/Health savings account
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation, Company Holidays, Personal Days, and Sick Days
- Wellness Incentive Programs
Southern Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The company considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit southerncompany.jobs.