Website The Greenbrier Companies
Welder 2 (Lead) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder 2 – Lead|
|Location||Kennett, MO, United States|
|Company||The Greenbrier Companies|
The Greenbrier Companies is a leading designer, manufacturer, and supplier of freight rail and marine transportation equipment and services.
The company is looking for a Lead Welder who will fit work into jigs and fixtures, perform more complicated manual or semi-automatic arc welding, use weld machines properly, visually inspects weld work, repairs defective welds, and operates forklift or crane.
- The applicants should have completed High School Education or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 1 year of experience in production welding (preferred)
- Required to pass applicable in-house welding tests
- Ensures that safety and housekeeping standards are met and maintained.
- Fits, aligns, and clamps work, usually in jigs and fixtures, to prepare for welding steel.
- Helps train other welders by conducting on-the-job training when requested.
- Operates forklift or hook and hitch to overhead crane to move material.
- Performs occasional air arc or flame cutting to help repair defective welds.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Production Group Leader.
- Performs the more complicated manual or semi-automatic arc welding of railcar parts, sub-assemblies, and assemblies on the bench, floor, or assembly line.
- Visually inspects weld work, repairs defective welds, and performs minor repairs to equipment.
- When using weld machine maintains heat and speed of travel to assure penetration and weld bead size, grinds work incidental to welding, removes weld slag, and preheats work.
- Appropriate GBRX Welding certifications for the area in which they will be working
The candidates require normal physical activities at work such as talking, walking, lifting, sitting, standing, climbing, crawling, squatting, kneeling, bending, driving, reaching outward, carrying, pushing, pulling, and wearing safety equipment.
- 401k Plan
- Discounts and Savings
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Health and Wellness Resources
- Income Protection
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance Program
The Greenbrier Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled.
To apply for this job please visit careers.gbrx.com.