Website Schuff Steel
Welder Job Highlights
|Flagstaff, AZ, United States
Schuff Steel provides structural steel fabrication and erection services. They include engineering, structural steel erection, project management, structural steel fabrication, arenas/stadiums, convention centers, preconstruction, parking structures, data centers, etc.
The company is looking for a welder who can welds in all positions, utilize a high degree of proficiency while utilizing full skills of the trade including knowledge of common heat reactions of structural metals, and is certifiable. The candidates must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily.
Aspiring applicants should have passed a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) from a welding school.
The candidates should have 12 months of stable work experience. They must pass the required weld test also.
- Follows applicable welding procedures (AWS, AISC)
- Capable of passing welding tests in accordance with AWS D1.1
- Keeps work area organized and clean
- Chips peens and grinds material to prepare for welding or finish.
- Must adhere to and follow all safety rules and PPE requirements
- Perform gouging and scarfing as needed
- Transport material by a crane as needed and required
- Perform other routine duties per management direction
- Welds on the ground level, above ground and below ground, in any required position
- Welds structural, bridge, and industrial materials such as plates, sheets, girders, tanks, etc., occasionally involving uncommon structural metals or machine metals under close tolerances of heat application and workmanship
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations – Cert in AWS D1.1 weld test
- Equipment Knowledge/Skills – a variety of hand tools and welding equipment
- Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The company offers competitive market-based compensation and comprehensive health insurance benefits. We are committed to professional development and growing our business. We are looking for a professional with a growth mindset who desires a progressive long-term career.
DBM Global including its U.S. subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity Employer with an Affirmative Action Plan
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.