Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Savannah, GA, United States|
Bilfinger is a leading international industrial services provider. The portfolio covers manufacturing, consulting, engineering, assembly, maintenance, plant expansion to turnarounds, environmental technologies, and digital applications.
The company is seeking a Welder who will permanently join metal parts, such as pipe or metal plates as specified by layout, blueprints, work orders, welding procedures, or oral instructions through the application of heat or electric arc-welding equipment.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Possess a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in welding carbon and stainless
- Assist in lifting, positioning, and securing of material and work pieces during assembly.
- Bolts, clamps, and tack weld parts to secure in position for welding.
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements.
- Determines required equipment and welding methods, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
- Disconnects, removes, replaces, and connects oxygen and acetylene bottles.
- Inspects and maintains gas equipment, including changing gauges, repairing hoses, etc.
- Load, transport, and unload tools, equipment, and supplies.
- May repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts using a cutting torch and hand tools.
- Must be able to TIG and stick weld on stainless or carbon (pipe size and material welded varies per site).
- Observe and comply with all safety and project rules.
- Operates cutting equipment including torches and various power and hand tools.
- Perform minor maintenance of cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures.
- Removes slag and rough spots with a portable grinder, file, or scraper.
- Safety is a priority; employees must understand construction risks and bring them to the attention of their supervisor.
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly, and welding, applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage, and welding techniques.
- Sets up equipment and welds parts using arc, gas shielding arc, automatic wire feed, or gas welding equipment.
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structures to discover flaws.
- Welds components in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions
- Weld pipe and pipe assembly components of all kinds, sizes, and alloys, such as carbon steel and stainless steel using GTAW (TIG) and SMAW (Stick Rod) welding procedures.
- Works with different types and sizes of materials.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills are required.
- Must be able to perform the essential physical requirements listed below in harsh or stressful conditions.
- Must be able to work at heights.
- Must be able to work individually and in a team.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must be proficient in reading blueprint and isometric drawings.
- Must pass weld test as determined per site requirements.
- Must wear PPE in designated areas.
- Willingness to travel.
- Ability to carry tools.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to move in and around confined and cluttered places and uneven areas.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements.
- Ability to reach with arms and use tools above/over the head.
- Ability to sit, balance, and climb ladders, scaffolds, and other objects.
- Ability to stand (for extended periods of time), walk, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, and twist.
- Ability to use hands to grasp.
- Ability to work up to a 12-hour shift in all weather and temperature extremes.
- Vision adequate to perform all required tasks.
Bilfinger is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bilfinger.com.