Website Thermo Fisher Scientific
Welder Job Highlights
|Full Time (3rd shift)
|Marietta, OH, United States
|Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific is a world leader in serving science and enables customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer. The company supports whether the customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics, and therapies, or increasing productivity in their laboratories.
The company is looking to hire a Welder who will perform welding processes on steel parts and assemblies to required tolerances using welding metals and metal alloys.
Determine layouts and weld parts and assemblies according to engineering drawings and specifications.
Monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical processes or other control procedures. Perform a variety of metal finishing procedures to prepare parts for paint or to make repairs.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Perform review of first piece production to confirm compliance by measuring, and verifying weld quality and finish. Verify dimensions and adjust as needed to ensure proper fit and specified tolerances are maintained.
- Position and clamp components of fabricated metal products prior to welding. Set up and adjust welding equipment as needed, changing tips, adjusting temperature, feed rates, gas flow, type of gases, etc. Welds metal parts together by applying proper welding procedures such as MIG, TIG, and resistance welding within design specifications. Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions. Verifies that standard specifications, custom, prototypes, etc., are welded per blueprint. Inspects parts prior to starting the job and upon completion to verify material accuracy and quality.
- Remove burrs and sharp edges using portable grinders, deburring machines, and files. Properly track and dispose of scrap and complete non-conforming tickets. Directly responsible for all scrap/rework that is created by his/her cell.
- Troubleshoot work-related problems by applying knowledge and experience to identify the cause and take necessary steps to correct the situation and contact the supervisor when needed. Advises supervisor of quality problems and the status of jobs.
- Verify and complete job routing by signing router sheet, submitting orders to be closed and parts to be posted to inventory. Utilize a color-coded process to communicate part needs with the press shop and to accomplish timely production.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and differentiate part numbers, labels, and work instructions.
- Computer and keyboarding.
- Standing, bending, reaching, and handling bulky parts are common to the job. Frequently lifts up to 35 pounds.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.thermofisher.com.