Website Ducommun Incorporated
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Parsons, KS, United States|
Ducommun Incorporated is a technology-driven manufacturing company that designs, engineers and builds complex electronic systems, large contoured Aerostructures, and high reliability engineered products and aftermarket services for the global aerospace, defense, military, and space markets.
The company is looking for a welder who generally will lay out, fit, and weld parts as specified by layout, welding diagram, blueprint, or work order.
This position requires a 3-3-1 schedule of A-Team, B-Team, or C-Team Schedule. Shift and training schedule will be determined upon offer. Once training is completed, employees will go to offered shifts if different than the training schedule.
(Team A Schedule 6:00am-6:30pm)
(Team B Schedule 6:00pm-6:30am)
(Team C Schedule 6:00am-6:30pm)
Note: Schedules may be modified based on Company need.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED.
- One-year certificate from college or technical school preferred
- Welding certification testing completed or skills or capabilities to become certified within a reasonable period of time.
- The candidates should have 3 years of related experience in job function and/or training; an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bolts, clamps, and tack welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Cleans and degreases weld joint when necessary prior to depositing weld.
- Examines work periodically to verify that deposited welds and pertinent dimensions are within specified limits.
- Interprets welding symbols and familiarizes self with welding specifications.
- Performs related tasks such as thermal cutting and grinding.
- Positions parts in jigs or fixtures on table or floor, or clamps parts together along with layout marks.
- Properly adjusts welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, and/or pulse as specified by work order or joint welding procedure.
- Reads and follows work order instructions.
- Reads and understands welding blueprints.
- Repairs broken or cracked parts/tools per rework instructions.
- Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly, and welding.
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Ability to operate the overhead crane and/or hoist.
- Basic computer knowledge and skills – able to learn new screens, reports, functions, and simple software programs with assistance.
- Read and understand internal procedures and policies.
- Understand and follow through on both verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Possess basic computer knowledge and skills.
- An annual eye exam is required.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Hearing protection must be worn in designated areas.
- The noise level is usually moderate to loud.
- Occasionally required to work near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme cold and extreme heat.
- Safety Footwear shall be in accordance with the following: ASTM standard F2413-05 with minimum impact resistance, compression resistance, and metatarsal designation ratings of 75 feet pounds (i.e. ASTM F2413-05 I/75 C/75 Mt/75), which are viewable on the inside tag of footwear.
- Safety glasses (ANSI Z87 compliant) are required in all manufacturing areas.
- Welding-hood must be worn/down at all times while welding.
- Working conditions are 100% manufacturing environment.
- 80 Hours of Holiday Pay per year
- 80 Hours of Vacation accumulating bi-weekly per year
- 40 Hours Sick accumulating bi-weekly per year
Ducommun Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans, and Disabled.
To apply for this job please visit careers.ducommun.com.