Website Schuff Steel
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Ottawa County, KS, United States|
Schuff Steel provides structural steel fabrication and erection services. They include engineering, structural steel erection, project management, structural steel fabrication, arenas/stadiums, convention centers, preconstruction, parking structures, data centers, etc.
Employee Value Proposition
The company is seeking a production welder who can weld in all positions, utilize a high degree of proficiency while utilizing full skills of the trade including knowledge of common heat reactions of structural metals.
- The candidates should have a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- The candidates should have 12 months of stable work experience in the related field.
- Must pass a required weld test.
- Capable of passing welding tests in accordance with AWS D1.1.
- Chips peens and grinds material to prepare for welding or finish.
- Follows applicable welding procedures (AWS, AISC)
- Keeps work area organized and clean.
- Must adhere to and follow all safety rules and PPE requirements
- Perform gouging and scarfing as needed.
- Perform other routine duties per management direction.
- Transport material by a crane as needed and required.
- Welds on the ground level, above ground, and below ground, in any required position.
- Welds structural, bridge, and industrial materials such as plates, sheets, girders, tanks, etc., occasionally involving uncommon structural metals or machine metals under close tolerances of heat application and workmanship.
Specialized Knowledge – Certificates/Licenses
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations – Cert in AWS D1.1 weld test
- Equipment Knowledge/Skills – a variety of hand tools and welding equipment
- Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The company offers competitive market-based compensation and comprehensive health insurance benefits.
Schuff Steel (DBM Global) is an Equal Opportunity Employer with an Affirmative Action Plan.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.