Website Peoples Natural Gas
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Winchester, KY, United States|
|Company||Peoples Natural Gas|
Peoples Natural Gas is the largest natural gas distribution company and provides reliable, and low-cost natural gas services.
Delta Natural Gas, a subsidiary of Peoples Natural Gas, is seeking a welder who can perform various welding jobs required as needed to complete construction and maintenance jobs as well as all other related natural gas construction installation and maintenance duties.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must possess a valid DOT medical certification.
- Must obtain and maintain a Class A Welder Certification under the supervision of Delta’s qualified welding inspector.
- All certifications will be in compliance with Delta’s approved welding procedures.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Performs all necessary steel pipe welding and fabrication related to natural gas installation, including gas main and service installations, welding taps on live gas mains, compressor facility welding, regulator station, and meter set fabrication, production well facilities as well as various maintenance-related welding and fabrication tasks. All steel welding is required to be in compliance with Company specifications and procedures.
- Performs all other natural gas construction-related duties as per Operator Qualification certifications.
- Performs any and all other duties assigned by authorized personnel.
- Performs plastic fusion in compliance with Company specifications and procedures.
- Records accurate as-built information on provided engineering plans.
- Responsible at times to work with no immediate direct supervision.
- Responsible for interpreting provided engineering plans and building to specifications provided.
- Responsible for keeping the assigned welding vehicle, welding machine, welding tools, and equipment, properly maintained, safe, and fully operational at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records and timely reporting for the assigned Company commercial motor vehicle as required by DOT and Company policies (daily inspection reports, monthly vehicle maintenance reports).
- Works under the direct supervision of an assigned Construction Supervisor.
- Must be able to frequently and routinely bend, stoop, dig, lift, pull and carry items occasionally exceeding 100 pounds and any other activity required during the construction process.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL Class A)
- Must obtain individual Operator Qualification Task certifications related to natural gas installation and maintenance as well as various other required safety-related training certifications (first aid, fire school, flagger training, competent person, forklift)
- Life insurance
- Medical, vision, and dental coverage
- Vacation, holiday pay, personal leave, and sick leave
Delta Gas is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce. The company strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.
To apply for this job please visit careers-png.icims.com.