Welder – 2nd Shift Job Highlights
|Title||Welder – 2nd Shift|
|Location||Garden City, NY, United States|
Ametek is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices. The company provides custom design and engineering services, to high-quality manufacturing standards, for the aircraft, engine, and industrial heat exchangers in the mobile, marine, avionics, space, and missile markets.
The company is currently seeking an experienced welder to TIG weld aluminum, stainless, and Inconel heat transfer components and sub-assemblies for aerospace applications.
- The applicants should have High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent considered
- Trade School is preferred
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of experience welding aluminum and stainless
- Must demonstrate the ability to weld in accordance with aerospace welding spec. AWS D17.1 and pass welder certification
- Responsible for welding assemblies in accordance with weld specifications, weld schedules, method sheets, and blueprints.
- Must be able to pass an annual eye examination
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Must be conversant in and read, write and understand English
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welder (Lincoln, Miller)
- Due to ITAR Restrictions, an export license may be required.
Ametek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.com.