Website Johnson Controls
Welder (2nd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder – 2nd Shift|
|Experience||6 Months – 1 Year|
|Location||York, PA, United States|
Johnson Controls transforms the environments where people live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, it drives the outcomes that matter most. The company is dedicated to protecting the environment, delivers promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers, and manufacturing.
The company is seeking a Welder who will weld metal components together with brazing and a variety of arc and gas welding equipment to fabricate or repair products for commercial indoor air handling equipment.
- The applicant should have an Associate’s Degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
- The candidates should have 6 months to 1 year of related experience or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Welder certification required. Must be able to obtain within three (3) months.
- Forklift license required. Must be able to obtain within three (3) months.
- Completes quality checks, documents results, and takes appropriate corrective action.
- Operates a fork truck to move materials and to obtain supplies from the storeroom.
- Operates spot welder to assemble parts.
- Performs related tasks such as thermal cutting and grinding.
- Positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
- Reads and interprets prints, work instructions, and drawings to fabricate metal parts.
- Repairs broken or cracked parts, fills holes, and increases the size of metal parts.
- Repairs purchased materials as needed utilizing welding, brazing, spot welding, and similar skills.
- Responsible for correcting or reporting unsafe conditions observed within the plant.
- Responsible for reporting work-related injuries and near misses to supervision.
- Responsible for wearing all required PPE and following applicable safety/environmental rules.
- Welds metal parts together using both gas welding or brazing and any combination of arc welding processes.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos (i.e. safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, shop-floor paperwork, and procedure manuals).
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Frequently required to stand; walk and sit.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Regularly lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- 401(k) savings plan and company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life insurance
- Medical/dental/vision insurance/health spending
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary benefits: ID Theft; Critical Illness, Pet Insurance, Legal Support
- Wellness Program
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit johnsoncontrols.referrals.selectminds.com.