Website The Greenbrier Companies
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Jackson, MO, United States|
|Company||The Greenbrier Companies|
The Greenbrier Companies is a leading designer, manufacturer, and supplier of freight rail and marine transportation equipment and services.
The company looking for a welder with a working knowledge of basic welding principles and possesses a certification in at least one welding process and performs quality welding processes within standards and tolerances.
- The applicants should have passed a High School Diploma or GED from a welding school.
- They should have a certification in at least one welding process such as GMAW Aluminum, carbon, or stainless.
The candidates should have 0-1-year experience either with Greenbrier or equivalent work history.
- Helps implement the direction of group leaders or other senior employees
- Performs the duties as a utility worker as directed by production group lead or supervisor
- Ability to read, comprehend, and write English
- Basic ability to read blueprints/drawings
- Possess good written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate basic inspection and measuring skills
- Ability to perform basic shop math
- Demonstrate motivation and initiative
- Basic knowledge of root cause problem solving
- Ability to apply problem sensitivity, critical thinking, and decision-making skills
- Basic knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and production systems
- Ability to work under tight time constraints, handle sensitive data, and multi-task so that deadlines can be met
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of measuring devices, such as fillet, gauges, and tape measures.
- Excellent skills in interpersonal relationships, communication, and teamwork
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and manage time efficiently with the ability to handle stress in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Knowledge of assigned work area
- Work with general oversight
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.