Website Johnson Controls
Welder Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (2nd shift)|
|Location||Gilbert, AZ, United States|
Johnson Controls transforms the environments where people live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, it drives the outcomes that matter most. The company is dedicated to protecting the environment and delivers promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers, and manufacturing.
The company is recruiting a Welder to join its team for manufacturing operations.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma, GED, or certifications
- Possess 3+ years of experience as a Welder
- Aluminum and steel experience
- Experience with all safety practices, procedures, and overall processes
- Experience with routine maintenance operations
- GMAW experience
- Oxy acetylene cutting experience
- Tig welding experience
- Use of cutting tools (plasma experience preferred)
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally always.
- Able to work well under pressure
- General use of hand and power tools
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in diverse working environments
- Strong attention to detail
- Conduct Technical Inspections.
- Develop goals and priorities; assign tasks and projects.
- Ensure accuracy and completion of assigned tasks and projects.
- Keep detailed and accurate reports and documentation.
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology, compliance, and repair techniques.
- Maintain safe work practices.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as GMAW, TIG, and Plasma Cutter.
- Operate Miller Aluma Pro Mig gun
- Prepare input for various management and log reports.
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications.
- Review blueprints and specifications; ensure drawings and specifications will function as designed in the environment intended for use.
- Other assigned work as required
- Accountability and Dependability
- Alloy and Steel Welding Experience
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Decision-Making and Judgement
- Development and Continual Learning
- Ethics and Integrity
- Follow All Safety Policies and Protocols
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Operating Equipment
- Planning and Organizing
- Quality Orientation
- Research and Analysis
- Time Management
- Able to read and understand production drawings, blueprints, work orders, and other written instructions.
- Standard blueprint knowledge
- The ability to scan in and out of work orders is a must.
- The use of various hand tools, machinery, and equipment will be required to manufacture metal
- Required to have strong knowledge and skill in operating all metalworking machinery.
- Work with Supervisors and Lead Hands to ensure continuous improvements in work cells, hitting quotas, and welding according to pre-set parameters using GMAW and TIG welding processes.
Johnson Controls is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.johnsoncontrols.com.