Website Johnson Controls
Welder Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (1st/2nd shift)|
|Location||Geneva, AL, United States|
Johnson Controls transforms the environments where people live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, it drives the outcomes that matter most. The company is dedicated to protecting the environment and delivers promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers, and manufacturing.
- The company is looking to hire a Welder to join its team for manufacturing operations.
- Applicants should have a High School Education (preferred)
- Welding training needed through education
- Must pass welding test at the time of application or during the qualification period
- Possess a minimum of 2 to 4 years of welding experience
- Connects cables from the welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, and pulse, occasionally specified by appropriate certified welding procedure(s).
- Manually guides electrode or gun along weld line, maintaining the length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead, as judged from color of metal, the sound of weld, and size of molten puddle.
- Positions and clamps work pieces together or assemble them in a jig or fixture. Tacks assemblies together.
- Prepares broken parts for welding by grooving or scarfing surfaces.
- Repair broken or cracked parts and fill holes.
- Starts the power supply to produce an electric current.
- Strikes (forms) arc which generates heat to melt and deposit metal from electrode to workpiece and join edges of the workpiece.
- Threads the proper electrode wire through a portable welding gun (MIG).
- Welds in flat, horizontal, or vertical positions. Examines weld for bead size and other specifications. Cleans or degreases weld joints or workpieces.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to comprehend rate and ratio calculations.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Attendance is an essential job requirement defined as having regular, consistent, reliable, punctual, and predictable attendance including the ability to work regular hours and shifts, overtime before and after shifts, and on weekends.
- Ability to work as part of a team, including all related departments/plants, or independently as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Frequently is required to walk.
- Occasionally required to sit and talk.
- Regularly lift or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift or move up to 150 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
- Frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration.
- Occasionally exposed to the risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Johnson Controls is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.johnsoncontrols.com.