Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Salisbury, NC, United States|
Wastequip is the leading manufacturer of waste-handling equipment. Wastequip’s broad range of waste equipment and services are used to collect, process, and transport recyclables, solid waste, liquid waste, and organics. The company’s brands include Wastequip, Toter, Galbreath, Pioneer, Accurate, Amrep, Mountain Tarp, Cusco, and Go to Parts.
The company (Wastequip Steel Division) is seeking a Welder to support its manufacturing operation.
The ideal candidate will be a MIG Welder with prior experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess 1 to 6 months of related experience or training (preferred)
- Experienced in a fast-paced production environment (preferred)
- Chips or grinds off excess weld, slag, or splatter
- Connects regulator valves to oxygen and fuel gas cylinders for cutting the torch. Turns regulator valves to activate the flow of gases, lights torch, and adjusts gas mixture and pressure to obtain the desired flame. Holds and guides torch at the proper angle to cut metal
- Must regularly stand, walk, reach, stoop, lift, climb or balance, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications
- Lays out, positions, and tack welds workpieces
- Must regularly lift or move up to 25 lbs., frequently lift or move up to 50 lbs., and occasionally lift or move 90 lbs.
- Positions parts in jigs or fixtures on bench or floor, or clamps parts together along layout marks
- Scarfs or grooves welds and parts
- Specific vision abilities required include distance vision, close vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception
- Welds along vertical, horizontal, and overhead weld lines
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to read blueprints and measuring tape
- Ability to understand and carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Able to pass all EHS-required tests and clearances
- Knowledge of basic math, tape measure reading, fractions & decimals
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Health Care
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
Wastequip is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workforce. All qualified applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status, or any other class protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.