Welder Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (weekday shift)|
|Location||Verona, VA, United States|
Wieland is one of the world’s leading suppliers of semi-finished copper and copper alloy products. The company offers a broad product, technology, and service portfolio. From prototype to series production, Wieland develops solutions for automotive, electronics, refrigeration, air conditioning, and other industries.
Wieland Provides (a part of Wieland) manufactures major components for heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) companies worldwide.
The company is seeking a Welder who will perform a wide variety of operations associated with the welded assembly of the final product, sub-assemblies, and components for products which includes adherence to ASME Code Safety Regulations.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Mig/Tig @ 6G position (preferred)
- Possess 2+ years of previous experience in an industrial environment (preferred)
- Be certified and perform within ASME Code regulations.
- Maintain required records.
- May supervise machines that perform automated welding tasks.
- Operate various tools and equipment used in the fabrication, handling, manipulation, and movement of products.
- Read, interpret, understand, and work from blueprints, schematics, bills of material, routing sheets, labor summaries, and other written, electronic, or verbal instructions.
- Use measuring devices and visual inspection to ensure the quality of the product and conformity to prints, work instructions, and standards.
- Utilize various types of welding equipment/techniques.
- Work with a variety of ferrous, non-ferrous, and alloy materials.
- Ability to read text, process, and understand its meaning.
- Able to gather and retrieve information effectively.
- Control Precision
- Design – Techniques, principles, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Engineering Technology – Application of principles/techniques in production
- Mathematical reasoning
- Mechanical – Machines/tools and their uses, design, and maintenance
- Mechanical knowledge of machines/tools and their uses and maintenance.
- Production – Raw materials, processes, safety, and quality assurance
- The steadiness of arms and hands and making coordinated movements.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan w/Company Match
- Accident Insurance
- Competitive Vacation/Sick Pay and Holiday Pay
- Critical Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life Insurance, with Supplemental Life Insurance Available
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Tuition reimbursement
Wieland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers-chasebrass.icims.com.