Website Sims Limited
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Newark, NJ, United States|
Sims Limited is a global leader in metal recycling and provides circular solutions for technology and is an emerging leader in renewable energy.
Sims Metal (a business division of Sims Limited) buys and processes scrap metal from businesses, other recyclers, and the general public.
The company (Sims Metal) is searching for a Welder who will weld/repair the production equipment, mobile equipment, roll-off containers, hoppers, and storage containers for all the facilities.
- Applicants should have an Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or Equivalent from 2-year College or Technical School
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
- Possess 6 months to 1 year of related experience or training
- Coordinate positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding
- Locates and repairs components of fixed hammer mill
- Performs related tasks such as sizing and grinding
- Repairs broken or cracked parts, fills holes, and increase the size of metal parts
- Welds metal parts together
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to pass Sims welder’s test.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Knowledge or be able to learn Ivara Work Order System Inventory software.
- Regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must regularly lift or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The company offers competitive pay and a range of attractive benefits.
Sims Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate with regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, housing status, source of income, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit careers.simsltd.com.