Website United Rentals
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Phoenix, AZ, United States|
United Rentals is the largest equipment rental company. The company serves construction and industrial companies, utilities, municipalities, homeowners, and communities, with the goal of fulfilling customer needs and surpassing expectations.
The company is seeking a Welder who will maintain and repair shoring and shielding equipment to maximize branch productivity.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Welding School Certification
- Possess a minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience in Arc, Mig, and Tig welding
- Complete work orders on equipment service and maintain an inventory of related parts for repair
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment
- Fabricate projects in the facility as required
- Inspect, repair, and paint all rental equipment upon return to ensure that it is rental-ready and safe for use
- Layout and apply the appropriate weld type, as per engineering or manufacturing specifications
- Perform active shoring installation welding support on job sites
- Perform non-structural repairs or modifications to rental equipment per the manufacturer’s specifications
- When required, travel to customer sites for repair/maintenance of equipment
- Other duties assigned as needed
- Ability to frequently lift items up to 45 lbs.
- Knowledge of metals and materials needed to perform repairs on all shoring, shielding, and slide rail applications
- Knowledge of OSHA applicable state and local requirements relative to trench and excavation shoring and shielding
- Knowledge of underground construction equipment capabilities and OSHA safe working practices
- Must be able to burn efficiently and with good quality
- Must be able to identify the type of welder, and wire or rod size, needed to complete safe repairs
- Superior customer service, teamwork, and verbal/written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- The company offers benefits that include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, and health savings accounts; 401(k) retirement with company match; life and disability insurance; and paid time off including sick, vacation, holidays, and paid parental leave.
- Comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
United Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unitedrentals.com.