Website Canam Steel Corporation
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Point of Rocks, MD, United States|
|Company||Canam Steel Corporation|
Canam Steel Corporation operates as a steel manufacturing company. The company offers open web joists, steel decks, purlins, and engineering products. Canam Steel serves educational, industrial, and commercial markets in the United States.
The company is seeking a Welder who can perform welding operations and related tasks such as gathering required parts, setting up materials for welding, and welding joist products.
Perform such work consistent with the corporate mission and values and produce a product that meets recognized standards and customer expectations by maintaining quality procedures.
- The candidates may be required a High School Diploma or GED.
- The candidates should have previous welding work experience in the related field.
- Assist in the yearly audited inventory process.
- Ensures that all welds are complete and of good quality; repair bad welds as necessary.
- Maintains a positive, clean and orderly work environment.
- Performs daily cleaning and maintenance of the area.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor including but not limited to; cleaning, trash-scrap removal, and other production-related jobs.
- Performs production welding in a fast-paced environment.
- Read and interpret weld symbols on shop drawings and blueprints.
- Supports the Canam Lean Initiative through active engagement and participation in continuous process improvement projects based on the Lean Manufacturing Principles by:
i) Assisting in the collection of data, participating in Kaizen workshops and contributing to the implementation of solutions, replicating successful improvements, sharing lessons learned, and providing feedback on opportunities for change that will further the continuous improvement process.
ii) Participating in training and continuing education events to develop a working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles and build a consistent “Lean Way of Thinking”;
- Works in a safe and productive manner.
Canam Steel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.