Welder (3rd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder – 3rd Shift|
|Location||Fort Smith, AR, United States|
ABB is a leading global technology company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future by connecting software to its electrification, robotics, automation, and motion portfolio.
The company is hiring a Welder who will be directly responsible for the efficient production of quality products in the required quantities.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 6 months of industrial-type experience or military service or in lieu of industrial experience will consider vocational/technical high school and technical college courses or 3 months previous motor manufacturing experience.
- Previous motor manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Ability to identify various tools to set up the machine and use them according to safe work practices. Identify and order appropriate supplies, parts, and tools as needed and identify materials used at their workstation as required by the job or job process.
- Communicate with other operators and supervisors to discuss any problems.
- Control and adjust machine settings to adhere to blueprints, work from layouts and dimensions on drawings to perform assigned tasks.
- Daily housekeeping.
- Meet specifications, produce a quality product, work defect-free work and meet production goals.
- Must be able to work with others in a team environment.
- Place safety in the workplace above all else and follow safety guidelines along with reporting safety issues.
- Production operators to train and/or perform the tasks of the other associates in the area as needed.
- Read and comprehend how to do mathematical measurement calculations with aid of a device and/or calculator.
- Read and comprehend how to use measurement devices for accuracy and quality. Example: Dial indicators, tape measures, calipers, and height gauges.
- Requires exposure to machining and drilling coolants. Different types of oils such as way lube, hydraulic oil, grease, and solvents.
- Support other functions within the team/department.
- Use of flex-flow and day and rank system.
- Use Shop Floor Display, read and comprehend: Special Instructions, TDRs, Manufacturing Instructions, and all diagrams related to a task.
- Work overtime and other duties as needed.
- Adaptable to change and ability to cross-train
- Detailed oriented
- Must be able to operate a forklift
- Must be able to work any shift
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Steady work history
- Ability to think independently while successfully functioning in a team environment
- Able to perform tasks in a manufacturing environment
- Able to push buggies with parts/motors using between 55 lbs. to 75 lbs. of initial force to move it, with 25 lbs. of sustained force to keep it moving
- Able to work 40 hrs a week and required overtime
- Exposure to welding fumes
- Requires repetitive lifting, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, and twisting of motors/parts weighing up to 20 lbs. Occasionally will have to weigh up to 50 lbs.
- Standing on a concrete floor for 8 hours or more a day
- Understand and use all required Personal Protective Equipment
- Candidates must have a work authorization that would permit them to work in the United States.
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
To apply for this job please visit careers.abb.