Welder (3rd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder – 3rd Shift|
|Location||South Milwaukee, WI, United States|
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives.
- The applicants may be required to possess a High School Diploma
- They must pass a minimum of 3 welder qualification weld tests using FCAW large diameter wire in many positions.
- The candidates should have 3 to 5 years of welding experience, preferably FCAW on a heavy plate.
- They should have a minimum of 1 year of experience in the production environment.
Experience welding with-
- Heavy plate experience with 1″ or greater
- Back gouging, multi-pass welding
- 3/32 flux core wire (1/16 or 0.052 experience is acceptable)
- Complete setup work on major alignments and clearances which are preset by facilities and materials.
- Follow documented procedures, standard work, routings, and blueprints to perform safe and defect-free operations.
- Hand weld all plain and alloy steelwork in all positions. Must have experience working with heavy structural steel.
- May grind and dress fabricated pieces and weldments and clean off weld spatter.
- Use of jib or overhead crane to manually position workpieces.
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to work overtime to support production demands
- Ability to work well individually and in a team environment
- The company offers benefits such as medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as a matching Tax-Deferred Savings Plan.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit careers.caterpillar.com.