Welder (3rd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder – 3rd Shift|
|Location||Pontiac, IL, United States|
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives.
The company is searching for a Welder who will operate or tend welding machines that join or bond together components to fabricate products and assemblies, according to specifications and blueprints using specifically stainless steel and other industry-used alloys.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma
- They must be able to pass multiple welder qualification tests during the Caterpillar provided training
- The candidates should have a minimum of 1 year of experience in the production environment
- Ability to inspect own work including quality checks utilizing weld and attribute gauges and other measuring tools
- Ability to perform station repair on defective welds utilizing air arc process, grinders, etc.
- Ability to perform routine maintenance such as wire and/or nozzle tip changes
- Ability to rotate to a variety of positions within the functional work area
- Ability to use lifting devices for objects weighing more than 35 lbs.
- Demonstrate ability to keep the work environment in a clean and orderly condition
- Demonstrate safe job procedures which include but are not limited to Personal Protective Equipment, Uniform Care, Weld Fume Extraction, Fall Protection and the use of Lifting Devices
- Follows set-up guidelines and procedures to assemble and tack weld unit by using various tools such as drop chains, chain hoist, metal shims, wedges, lifting lugs, “C” clamps, bar clamps, com-a-long, cutting torch, grinder, tape measure, fixtures, and weld gauges
- Sets the welding machine to correct the setting for the weld application. Welds unit according to print specifications following guidelines and procedures
- Possess a welding certification or minimum 6 months of MIG and/or TIG welding experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Previous experience working with tooling/modular tooling (Bluco Tooling)
- Previous welding experience using mild steel, 304 stainless steel, and/or 409 stainless steel
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting blueprints and layout weld stations to produce defect-free work
- Must be able to pass welder qualification requirements during the Caterpillar provided training by a Certified Welding Educator (CWE), Certified Welding Inspector (CWI), or approved personnel
- The company offers benefits that include health insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401K, etc.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit careers.caterpillar.com.