Welder (3rd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder – 3rd Shift|
|Location||Sanford, NC, United States|
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives.
The company is hiring a Welder who will support the fabrication of structures. Next, the position utilizes tooling, fixtures, handling systems, safety, quality checks, inspection, ergonomics, and other duties as assigned.
- The applicants may be required basic education i.e. High School Diploma
- The candidates must have some welding operation experience in the related field.
- Clearing common robotic welding system faults
- Follows and utilizes CPS principles of 5S, Continuous Improvement Idea Reporting, Waste Elimination, and Standard Work.
- Follows documented procedures standard work, routings, and blueprints to perform safe and defect-free operations to create and machine components.
- General knowledge of manufacturing, methods, and processes
- Inspecting own work including quality checks utilizing weld and attribute gauges and other measuring tools.
- Keeps work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Must be able to work in a highly structured environment, strictly adhering to provided standard work instructions
- Operating robotic and manual MIG weld machines.
- Performing in a station, repair on defective welds utilizing carbon air arc process, grinders, etc.
- Responsible for process and final inspections.
- Rotation to various positions within the Job Function area to perform related activities.
- Routine maintenance (wire change, tip/nozzle change)
- Use of lifting devices to move heavy components of weights of more than 35 lbs. to position heavy fabricated metal components in weld fixtures.
- Ability to be a contributing team member
- Ability to function as part of a team and be multi-trained
- Blueprint reading experience
- Effective communications skills
- Microsoft Office applications experience (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to perform repetitive operations
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods
- 401k Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Healthy Lifestyle Program
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and vision coverage
- Paid Parental leave
- Paid time off plan (Vacation, Holiday, Volunteer,)
- Short/long term disability coverage
- Successful candidates must be able to pass the following AWS D1.1 welder qualification during Cat provided weld training: T-fillet break test in the 2F (horizontal fillet) position and Limited thickness groove test in the 1G (flat groove) position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit careers.caterpillar.com.