Welder (3rd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder – 3rd Shift|
|Location||East Peoria, IL, United States|
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives.
- The applicants may be required to have a High School Diploma
- The candidates should have a minimum of 1 year of experience in a production environment
- Must be able to pass multiple welder qualification tests during the Caterpillar provided training
- 1 to 3 years of GMAW or FCAW welding experience
- Experience using GMAW or FCAW with 0.045” or larger wire
- Experience welding ½” or greater thickness material
- Technical school or equal educational background in a mechanical or similar discipline
- Follow documented procedures and standard work to perform safe and defect-free operations
- Operate robotic welding equipment
- Perform carbon arc cutting and gouging
- Perform manual finish welding operations on plain and alloy steels in all positions
- Sanding may be required to dress welds
- Use of jib and overhead crane to manually position workpieces
- Ability to perform simple computer operations
- Ability to work overtime to support production demands
- Ability to work well individually or in a team environment
- Be available to work any shift
- Good communication skills and a strong commitment to safety and teamwork
- The company offers benefits including health insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401K, etc.
- Must be able to pass welder qualification requirements during the Caterpillar provided training by a Certified Welding Educator (CWE), Certified Welding Inspector (CWI), or approved personnel
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit careers.caterpillar.com.