Website National Oilwell Varco (NOV)
Welder (3rd Year Apprentice/Journeyman) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder – 3rd Year Apprentice or Journeyman|
|Location||Leduc, AB, Canada|
|Company||National Oilwell Varco (NOV)|
National Oilwell Varco is a leading worldwide provider of equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations, oilfield services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
The company is seeking a Welder (3rd Year Apprentice or Journeyman) who will be responsible to work under general supervision to perform welding tasks such as maintaining, fabricating, manufacturing, and repairing oilfield equipment.
They will also be responsible to complete tasks through written or oral instructions and following established procedures.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 3 to 5 years of experience (preferred)
- Cutting components with a torch, plasma, or saw as necessary
- Daily overhead crane usage after course completion
- Fitting and measuring materials
- Hard surfacing
- Preparation for assigned welding tasks, including grinding
- Silver soldering
- Use and maintain tools, material handling equipment, and welding equipment
- Welding (MIG, TIG, Flux Arc, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Ethics and Values
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Integrity and Trust
- Knowledge of welding machines and associated equipment.
- Hand and Power tool safety training
- NOV in-house forklift training if required
- NOV in-house Overhead/Jib crane training
- PPE training for possible noise exposure, mists/vapors, gloves, safety glasses and steel-toed boots
- Shop environment orientation (exits, fire extinguishers, first aid and eyewash stations, spill kits, propane storage) and yard environment (building locations, processes)
- Squatting, bending, reaching, and walking (further details to be reviewed on JHA)
- WHMIS training
- Apprenticeship status or Journeyman certification is required
- Basic tools required
- Overhead Crane Course is an asset but will train in the house if necessary
- Training provided on the job for Apprentice Welders
NOV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. The company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for everyone and provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
To apply for this job please visit egay.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.