Website American Wheatley
Welder Job Highlights
|Broken Arrow, OK, United States
American Wheatley is a leading fabricator and supplier of hydronic specialty equipment to the HVAC industry. The company’s range of products is compatible with various boiler pump manufacturers, lending them wide customer appeal in both domestic and international markets.
The company is seeking a Welder who will be responsible for the assembly and welding of custom bladder tanks, strainers, and valve products. These products require multiple components, of various custom-engineered sizes that are welded with Mig, Flux Core, Tig, and Sub Arc in accordance with ASME codes.
Welds are required to be watertight.
Requires a strong attention to detail with a high level of craftsmanship.
- Not mentioned, a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with engineering blueprints and schematics
- Familiarity with welding tools and procedures
- Must pass an ASME weld test
- Complete all necessary paperwork and documentation neatly and accurately.
- Complete assignments based on production needs.
- Follow company process standards, procedures, and company policies on the shop floor including PPE use, proper part handling, sound equipment set-ups, daily equipment PM, and 5S.
- Make adjustments to machines, tools and conduct minor maintenance on machines and tools in accordance with the maintenance schedule and specifications.
- Participate in maintaining a high-quality manufacturing environment. Contribute suggestions that will improve products, and processes which in turn deliver quality and production.
- Understand procedures and processes for the department.
- Verify workmanship quality by conducting tests to evaluate weld quality and tolerance.
- Weld products that perform strictly within defined pressure ranges and tolerances according to ASME codes.
- Work with colleagues in Production, Materials, Engineering, and other plant functions to achieve production, quality, and on-time delivery goals.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 5S – The extent to which the employee keeps their work area clean and orderly after each shift. Cleans and organizes during extended cuts on the machine.
- Attendance – Reports to work as scheduled. Follows established procedures for breaks. Notifies supervisor in advance of scheduling changes.
- Dependability – The extent to which an employee demonstrates a positive attitude and promotes cooperation with supervisors, peers, and others.
- Initiative – Ability to be self-directed, efficient, creative, and resourceful. Assumes extra work and adapts quickly to new responsibilities.
- Job Knowledge – Understands duties, and responsibilities and has the ability to use materials as needed with the level of proficiency required to accomplish the work.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making – The extent to which the employee can assess a problem and offer solutions for resolution.
- Quantity and Quality of Work – Amount of work completed in the work week with accuracy and care for customers.
- Work Attitude and Stewardship – The extent to which an employee demonstrates a positive attitude and promotes cooperation with supervisors, peers, and others. They also focus on utilizing company resources as a good steward.
- Ability to lift fifty pounds and handle physical workload
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Willing and able to work outside in a manufacturing/warehouse environment with varying temperatures
- Willing to work alone a high percentage of the time
- Willing to work in a manufacturing environment with dust, fumes, oils and where noise levels can be high
American Wheatley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit americanwheatley.com.