Welder Job Highlights
|Full Time (off shift)
|Saint Joseph, MO, United States
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries.
The company is seeking a Welder who will be responsible for using hand-welding, flame-cutting, hand-soldering, or brazing equipment to weld or join metal components or to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products.
- High School Diploma or GED (required)
- Vocational Training in place of experience will be considered
- Welding knowledge through experience or vocational school training.
- Ability to pass a preliminary weld test and ability to complete AWS D1.1 Code certification within 60 days after being placed in a welding position.
- Demonstrated ability to burn using a hand torch.
- Demonstrated ability to follow established safety and quality procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to read blueprints and diagrams and determine critical dimensions and tolerances using measuring tools.
- Performs re-work as required.
- Provide quality and timely workmanship on each work order and maintain daily time standards.
- Read and comprehend blueprints, process routings, and schematics for installation of various truck and body components – large and small – onto truck chassis using torch, welder, winches, and hand tools.
- Team concept, be flexible to move from job to job to support the schedule.
- Welds using Mig processes and with a torch welder.
- Follows all established safety, environmental and quality policies, and practices.
- Maintains clean and orderly materials and work environment and
- Provides quality and timely workmanship on each job performed.
- Able and willing to work off-shift (mostly 3rd shift)
- Welding, cutting, and/or fabrication of metal parts
- Wire feed welding, MIG, or TIG welding
- The company offers comprehensive benefits including affordable medical options, dental and vision care, matching 401(k), company-paid Basic Life, wellness programs, company events, and a range of training and education online offerings for personnel and professionals.
Altec Industries and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers. They maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.altec.com.