Welder Job Highlights
|Osceola, IA, United States
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries.
The company is looking for a Welder who will perform basic welding to include fit-up and track welding along with the ability to weld a complete array of weldment configurations.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Vocational school training in welding (preferred)
- Vocational school or prior experience in wire feed welding – MIG or TIG
- Welding, cutting, or experience in the fabrication of metal parts
- Demonstrated experience in wire feed welding, MIG or TIG welding
- Experience in a production environment requiring self-efficiency in organizing workloads
- Must be able to pass a preliminary weld test upon interviewing for a position and then complete AWS.D1.1 Code welding certification within 60 days of being hired or placed into a welder position
- Assist co-workers as needed
- Demonstrated ability to burn using a hand torch
- Demonstrated ability to follow established safety and quality procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to read blueprints
- Determines critical dimensions and tolerances using measuring tools
- Read and comprehend blueprints and process routings
- Team concept – be flexible to move from job to job to support the schedule
- Welds using Mig processes
- Ensures appropriate reviews have been performed as needed for high-quality
- Continuous attention to all job functions ensuring quality products
- Equipment/tools used for performing Job Tasks (duties) – Mig and Tig welders, Torch, Tape Measure, Hammer, Hoist, Weld Fixtures
- Additional Wellness Programs and Rewards Available
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Program
- Parental Leave
- Retirement 401(k) Traditional or Roth Program Options with Company Match
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Leave
- Supplemental Insurance including Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurance
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Vacation and Holidays
Altec Industries and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers. They maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.altec.com.