Welder Job Highlights
|Full Time (1st shift)
|Birmingham, AL, United States
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries.
The company is searching for a Welder who will be responsible for using hand-welding, flame-cutting, hand-soldering, or brazing equipment to weld or join metal components or fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products.
- High School Diploma or GED (required)
- Welding knowledge through experience or vocational school training
- Ability to pass a preliminary weld test and ability to complete AWS D1.1 Code certification within 60 days after being placed in a welding position.
- Demonstrated ability to follow established safety and quality procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to read blueprints and diagrams and determine critical dimensions and tolerances using measuring tools
- Performs re-work as required
- Provide quality and timely workmanship on each work order and maintain daily time standards
- Read and comprehend blueprints, process routings, and schematics for installation of various truck and body components – large and small – onto truck chassis using torch, welder, winches, and hand tools.
- Team concept, be flexible to move from job to job to support the schedule
- Welds using Mig processes and with a torch welder
- Able and willing to work Off Shift – 2nd shift
- Welding, cutting, or fabrication of metal parts
- Wire feed welding, Mig, or Tig welding
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Vacation and Holidays
Altec Industries and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers. They maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.altec.com.